Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from cooking.com. This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. Make it the night before...and pop it in the oven in the morning...everyone will wake up happy! Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) package breakfast sausage, cooked, drained, crumbled
- 4 cups day-old white bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cansnestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- black pepper, to taste
- Grease 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Place bread in dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper in medium bowl.
- Pour evenly over bread and cheese.
- Sprinkle with sausage, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until cheese is brown.
- Cover with foil if it browns too quickly.