Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
All I said in my notes was...WOW!! 5 stars...
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 12 eggs (beaten)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb ham (shaved)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon shallot (minced)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups clarified butter
- Heat oven 350.
- Combine the rice, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Press into a heavily sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with ham.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler over medium heat, whisk together the yolks, lemon juice, shallot, vinegar and salt until pale yellow.
- Whisk in water and cayenne. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter slowly until blended.
- Pour over ham. Bake 30 miutes.