Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Some cannot eat eggs and I love Huevos Ranchero any way. This recipe was made specifically for a family member.The wrap was made for a teen son. Two ways! Enjoy!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g carton Egg Beaters egg substitute, plain
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt or 2.46 ml salt substitute
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml dried cilantro, soaked
- 113.39 g can mild green chilies, diced
- 425.24 g cancan black beans (optional)
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 354.88 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml pimento stuffed olives or 236.59 ml black olives, sliced
- 4 corn tortillas or 4 flour tortillas
- Omelet with toppings:.
- In 10 or 12 inch skillet add olive oil and heat on medium setting.
- Soak dried cilantro with 4 tblsp cold water or used fresh chopped cilantro.
- Mix milk with Egg beaters.
- Pour in Egg Beaters mixture in skillet.
- Turn heat down to low setting.
- Sprinkle with salt.or salt substitute.
- Sprinkle with cumin.
- Sprinkle with diced green onion.
- Sprinkle with dried soaked cilantro, drained and squeezed.
- When the edges start to cook, tip the skillet so the remaining uncooked.
- mixture can flow under the omelet on all sides.
- When the middle of the omelet is set, slide out on a serving platter.
- Top with green chilies, optional black beans, salsa and olives.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Note: You can keep warm in a 250* oven before the shredded cheese is
- Omelet Tortilla Wraps:.
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave and place in a basket with a towel covering to keep warm.
- Follow the steps and place the omelet on a platter.
- Cut the omelet into 4 sections.
- Place each omelet section in a warmed tortilla.
- Add the green chilies, optional black beans, salsa, cheese and olives.