Montana Heart Song's Note:
Some cannot eat eggs and I love Huevos Ranchero any way. This recipe was made specifically for a family member.The wrap was made for a teen son. Two ways! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Egg Beaters egg substitute, plain
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro, soaked
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can can black beans (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olives or 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 4 corn tortillas or 4 flour tortillas
- 1Omelet with toppings:.
- 2In 10 or 12 inch skillet add olive oil and heat on medium setting.
- 3Soak dried cilantro with 4 tblsp cold water or used fresh chopped cilantro.
- 4Mix milk with Egg beaters.
- 5Pour in Egg Beaters mixture in skillet.
- 6Turn heat down to low setting.
- 7Sprinkle with salt.or salt substitute.
- 8Sprinkle with cumin.
- 9Sprinkle with diced green onion.
- 10Sprinkle with dried soaked cilantro, drained and squeezed.
- 11When the edges start to cook, tip the skillet so the remaining uncooked.
- 12mixture can flow under the omelet on all sides.
- 13When the middle of the omelet is set, slide out on a serving platter.
- 14Top with green chilies, optional black beans, salsa and olives.
- 15Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 16Note: You can keep warm in a 250* oven before the shredded cheese is
- 18Omelet Tortilla Wraps:.
- 19Warm the tortillas in a microwave and place in a basket with a towel covering to keep warm.
- 20Follow the steps and place the omelet on a platter.
- 21Cut the omelet into 4 sections.
- 22Place each omelet section in a warmed tortilla.
- 23Add the green chilies, optional black beans, salsa, cheese and olives.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Beaters Huevos Ranchero Omelet or Tortilla Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 1263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute
pimento stuffed olives