Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "366 Low-fat Brand Name Recipes", this yummy eggnog is low in fat and cholesterol but still tastes good.
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (Egg substitute)
- 1 package Equal sugar substitute
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- ground nutmeg
- Whip Egg Beaters and Equal together and combine with two types of milk and flavorings.
- Mix well.
- Chill overnight if possible.
- Pour into tumblers and dust with nutmeg.
This has a really nice flavor. The first time I made it as directed, but it was pretty thin. The next time I substituted fat-free half and half for the skim milk. It turned out more creamy this way. I also added a little extra sweetener (Splenda) as we wanted it to be sweeter. This is a good alternative when you're in the mood for egg nog, but want both less fat and sugar. I imagine it would be good to use in recipes too.