Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These were from Pillsbury Cook-Off 1955; they look good.
Make and share this Egg Baskets With Dill Cheddar Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, Crisco
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons water
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dill
- Cut Crisco shortening into flour and salt, and cheddar cheese.
- Add water; make crust; roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut to fit muffin tins; let pastry extend 1/4 inch over top.
- Make 6 circles 4 inch across.
- Put eggs into muffin tin; salt and pepper.
- Top with circle; pinch edges.
- Bake 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- SAUCE :.
- Mix flour and butter together to make a roux.
- Add milk and, stirring constantly, let it get thick.
- Add cheese and dill; stir.