Recipe by pintouwec
A sort of candy/dessert from the Philippines. Waiting to make for when my cousin and her husband go to the Philippines again to adopt their second child.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until it is reduced to 1 cup.
- Stir in sugar until well blended. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of the simmered milk with the egg yolks and then add this mixture gradually to the milk in the pan.
- Stir in vanilla extract and continue stirring over low heat until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Shape into balls, using one tablespoon of the mixture to make one ball.
- Roll finished balls in confectioner's sugar.