- 4 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 4 ounces green chilies, minced drained
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide croutons, cheese, onion, pepper,and green chilies between two greased 9-inch square baking pans.
- In bowl, combine eggs, milk, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Slowly pour liquid over crouton/veggie mixture.
- Top with bacon.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To use frozen casserole: Completely thaw in the refrigerator for 36 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.