Recipe by Sarah Montgomery
I had the vegetarian version of this at a bed and breakfast in beautiful Napa, CA and it was terrific. (Cedar Gables Inn)
- 1 lb mild sausage (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 12 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 pints nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can mild green chilies (do not drain)
- sour cream
- green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously butter baking dish (es) up to the top.
- Brown sausage in frying pan.
- Saute bell peppers.
- Beat eggs with mixer until light and frothy.
- Add baking powder and flour and beat again.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Fill dish (es) 2/3 full to prevent spill-over.
- Bake 45-50 minutes .
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions if desired.
- Serve with mild salsa.