Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
This pie is great for any occasion as a man meal. Quick and easy, and in 1984 the approx cost was only $3 - $4. You can work out how much that is these days ;). This can be served hot or cold.
Top Review by Peter J
Really quick and tasty! I used filo pastry because it was all I had and while flaky it was a nice variation. In the past I've made egg & bacon pies by whisking the eggs but thought the idea of just cracking them gave it a much nicer texture.
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 250 g bacon
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Line base of pie plate (base measures 20cm) with one sheet of the pastry; refrigerate while preparing filling. Remove rind and excess fat from bacon, chop roughly.
- Fry in pan 3 minutes until just soft, drain; cool. Place half the bacon in the pastry case, break eggs on top, one at a time, careful not to break the yolks.
- Season with pepper, top with remaining bacon, sprinkle with parsley.
- Place remaining pastry on top, trim edges, press pastry together. Brush with combined egg yolk and water. Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate, cook for a further 15 minutes or until browned.