Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe to use up any leftover cooked potatoes, the cooked potatoes must be very cold before using in this recipes, so cook your potatoes up to 2 days in advance, and refrigerate. A 12-inch cast-iron skillet is best for this. Prep time does not include boiling the potatoes or cooking bacon. I like to add in some finely chopped and seeded jalapenos and use Cajun seasoning in, but that is only optional, adjust the seasoned salt or white salt and black pepper to taste.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (more if needed)
- 6 medium potatoes (cooked and finely diced about 1/2-inch)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled, can use more or less)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1⁄2 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 8 large eggs or 9 extra large eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream or 2 -3 tablespoons 18% table cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated old cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- Whisk the eggs with whipping cream together, then season with seasoned salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add in cooked cold diced potatoes and cook tossing gently with a spatula until well browned and semi-crispy.
- Add in onions, green pepper and crumbled cooked bacon to the skillet; cook 1 minute (adding in more butter if needed.
- Pour the egg mixture on top, tipping the skillet so egg is distributed to the edges.
- When the eggs are set cut into squares and turn to brown.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheeseon top; cover and allow the cheese to melt.
Easy & Delicious! I used canned diced potatoes & substituted turkey sausage for the bacon. I also left out the veggies since the kids don't like them. Made for 123 HITS
Great recipe!!! I added in some breakfast sausage .