This is not only for breakfast...it's great for any meal of the day. It's hearty and delicious and my family requests it often! Hope you try it :)
- Have your bacon cooked and crumbled and set aside.
- Place vegetable oil (or you can use bacon drippings) in a non-stick 12" skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Pour potatoes into pan and press down evenly.
- Fry about 10 minutes until underside is brown and crispy.
- As carefully as you can flip potatoes over.
- If you can't do this in one piece, try to do it in thirds or fourths, but try to keep them from falling apart.
- Press potatoes down in pan evenly.
- Make 5 to 6 two inch holes, or openings into the potatoes, evenly spaced.
- Drop an egg into each hole.
- You can add a little butter to each hole before dropping the eggs in, if you like.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over all.
- Sprinkle bacon and then cheese evenly over top.
- Cover until eggs are set.
- Serve in pan with toast or bagels on the side and enjoy!