Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
For breakfast on the run.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 large tomato tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the oil; add in bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
- Stir/saute for 6-7 minutes, until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, and salt together; add egg mixture and chopped cilantro to vegetables; cook, stirring, until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble: lay tortilla on a plate; add half the egg mixture, half the avocado, and half the cheese.
- Roll up, burrito style—folding in the ends.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla.