- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- dry breadcrumbs, for coating
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and fry in butter until soft.
- Mix with tuna, chopped eggs, lemon juice, salt and pepper and bind with beaten egg.
- Divide into 12 portions, shape into cylinder shapes and roll in flour.
- Coat croquettes with egg and water mixture then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil, six at a time, until golden brown.