- 4 eggs (hard boiled)
- 85 g low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tomatoes (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper deseeded and chopped)
- 1 potato (cooked and chopped)
- 2 spring onions (green chopped)
- 4 whole wheat pita bread (wholemeal)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the eggs and cut in half and remove the yolks and chop the whites and set aside.
- Push the egg yolk through a fine mesh sieve and then mix to a smooth paste together with the mayonnaise mustard, vinegar and sour cream and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing with the tomatoes, capsicum (bell pepper), potato, egg white and spring green onions.
- Carefully split the pitas in half to form pockets and fill the pockets with the salad.