Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Love egg salad and this one is from The Family Kitchen Healthy Fast-Food cookbook.
- 4 eggs (hard boiled)
- 85 g low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tomatoes (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper deseeded and chopped)
- 1 potato (cooked and chopped)
- 2 spring onions (green chopped)
- 4 whole wheat pita bread (wholemeal)
- Peel the eggs and cut in half and remove the yolks and chop the whites and set aside.
- Push the egg yolk through a fine mesh sieve and then mix to a smooth paste together with the mayonnaise mustard, vinegar and sour cream and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing with the tomatoes, capsicum (bell pepper), potato, egg white and spring green onions.
- Carefully split the pitas in half to form pockets and fill the pockets with the salad.
Liked all the added ingredients to this egg salad, made it a full meal. Did serve it on healthy bread.
Lovely luncheon salad! Didn't have any pita so served it on toast. It would be nice inside of a scooped out tomato or in a cantaloupe melon half.
This is a very nice lunch meal, I used a splash of apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. I diced some red onions which really added a nice punch.