Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. An easy dish of layered bread, Simply Potatoes "Shredded Hash Browns", whipped eggs and cheese baked into a one dish breakfast or a quick main course lunch.
- 4 slices buttered bread (Sourdough works well)
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, gives a nice kick
- Butter an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Evenly lay buttered bread in bottom of dish.
- Put 1/2 cup Simply Potatoes "Shredded Hash Browns" on each bread slice.
- Whip eggs and milk together and pour over bread and potatoes.
- Place shredded cheese on top of all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered or until cheese is melted and lightly toasted.