Elegant and easy ladies' luncheon egg and potato salad with accents of tarragon and walnuts. Serve on arugula or romaine (aka Cos).
- 149.68 g new potato, scrubbed and quartered
- 8 fresh extra large eggs
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 44.37 ml shallots or 44.37 ml leeks or 44.37 ml green onions, finely chopped
- 22.18 ml fresh tarragon, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 9.85 ml tarragon vinegar
- 1.23 ml sea salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml white pepper (to taste)
- 6 leaf romaine lettuce or 6 leaf cos lettuce or 473.18 ml arugula leaves
- 59.14 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, over high heat, bring potatoes and enough water to cover to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes, let cool to room temperature.
- In a large saucepan, gently place eggs and fill with water to 1-inch above the eggs. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cover tightly for 15 minutes. Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water and let stand 5 minutes to cool. Peel eggs and coarsely chop.
- Combine eggs and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, until well combined. Chill, covered tightly, until serving.
- To serve, rinse lettuce of choice and spin dry or dry between paper towels. Arrange one leaf of romaine (Cos) on each salad plate (or divide arugula among the plates), then top with a scoop of the egg and potato salad. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top.