Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this spicy stuffed sweet peppers as an appetizer for our guests. It was crispy on the outside with soft egg white and paneer / cheese stuffing on the inside, I made cucumber salad to go with this one bite snack. It was a hit with the kids too. It looked colorful and tasty!
- 12 sweet peppers
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup panir or 1 cup cheese
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 green chilies, -finely chopped
- 1 . 5 tbs oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Grate / shred the paneer or cheese.
- finely chop onion and green chillies.
- Cut the peppers into half without removing the stem, remove the seeds, dry it and apply the oil.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Combine bread crumbs with chilli powder.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in the pan and add the onion and the chillies.
- when the onion becomes soft remove from the pan.
- In the same pan scramble the egg whites.
- Combine the onion, shredded cheese / paneer, egg and salt.
- Stuff the mixture inside the peppers.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the stuffed pepper and press it down.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 dgrs. Arrange the peppers on a foil lined baking tray.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the peppers.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till the peppers look slight brown on sides and crispy.
- Transfer it to a serving dish and serve with cucumber salad or with tomato sauce.