Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
For all hair types. This recipe is based on one from Marion Mathews’ and Renske Mann’s book, Hair Magic. You will need muslin for this. Prep time includes the 15 minutes the soapwort root infuses; cook time is the time you leave it on your hair after massaging it in. Note: this recipe has "valerian root" until the food.com elves add "soapwort root"; please use soapwort root and not valerian root! I will update the recipe when the ingredient is added.
- 30 ounces water (fluid ounces)
- 1⁄2 ounce valerian root (15g)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (15ml)
- Boil the water; add the soapwort root to 20 fluid ounces of boiling water (600ml) and allow to infuse for 15 minutes. Strain through muslin and add the egg yolk and orange juice to the infusion and beat to a smooth consistency.
- Massage into wet hair, leave for 10 minutes and then rinse with water.