Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another of Peter Russell Clarke's Egg recipes.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 slices bacon, cut into strips
- 1 pinch cumin
- salt & pepper
- Fry onions & bacon in approx 2 tblsp of the butter and lay them in the bottom of an oven-proof dish.
- Slice the eggs and arrange them over the top, sprinkle with cumin.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a saucepan, take off the heat and add flour, then the milk gradually whilst stirring.
- put the pan back on the heat and keep stirring until it boils and simmer for 5 mins stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the cheese and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour cheese sauce over eggs, bacon & onion and sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- Bake at approx 230.C until golden and bubbling.