Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Classic Ashkenazi appetizer. Absolutely delicious and very easy to make.
- 1 bunch scallion (spring onions)
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons margarine (regular or vegan)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Hard boil the eggs. Shell them and halve them.
- Put the scallions into the food processor and pulse for 3 seconds
- Add all the remaining ingredients and pulse for another 5 seconds until everything is blended together. Do not turn this into a puree!
- Turn into a dish and chill until needed.
- Serve with fingers of challah, matzah, salad or whatever you fancy.
My mom would have chopped eggs with peanut oil and onion. I used to think that was the "normal egg salad" when I was a kid!