1/1 Photo of Egg and Nori Rolls (Tomago)
These are so pretty with spirals of black and pale yellow. From The Book of Appetizers. I've made this twice now. I think the amount of egg needs to be doubled (see photo). Makes more like 6-8 servings, not 12. I've kept the recipe as written.
My Private Note
- 1Toast each sheet of nori until crisp by running it over a gas flame or electric element set on medium heat. Careful not to burn! Set aside.
- 2In a bowl, beat together eggs, salt and water.
- 3Heat a skillet on a medium heat; grease lightly. Set 1 teaspoon egg mixture aside.
- 4Use remaining eggs to make 4 thin omelets. Trim nori sheets to the same size as omelets.
- 5Place omelet, uncooked side up, on a bamboo mat. Top with 1 sheet of nori.
- 6Continue stacking omelets and nori until all are used.
- 7Roll up omelet-nori stack in mat to make a tight, compact cylinder; seal seam with reserved egg.
- 8Let stand until cold. Remove bamboo mat; cut roll in 12 chunks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg and Nori Rolls (Tomago)
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 30.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g