Recipe by salderney
This recipe is fantastically easy and works well. Sweet or savory and hardly takes any time to prepare using the most basic ingredients. You can fill them with anything you like. I have tried several recipes for egg free pancakes from this site and couldn't get any of them to work. Many of the recipes I tried included oil or margarine in the batter. I find if you add oil or fat the pancakes stick, so all I did to come up with this was to skip the fat and these don't stick.The measurements I have given are only a very rough guide. This recipe is really more a case of proportions. Exact measures are really not necessary. This recipe is for a savory pancake. A little sugar can be added to the batter for sweet pancakes but best left out, as the sugar will make them stick to the pan more. You can get your sugar hit from your topping!
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (double if baking powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add flour, bicarb and salt to a food processor, switch it on and slowly pour in water until you have a fairly thick batter.
- Allow to stand for a couple of minutes.
- Now the important part. You want your pan really hot (smoking) with a generous slug of vegetable oil.
- Add the batter quickly and spread it over the surface of the pan by tilting the pan round.
- After 1 minute when the edges come away from the side of the pan and the center is rising with some bubbles, turn it over.
- Hey presto, perfect pancakes! It really is that simple.