Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living and their lunch box special. The cooking time is to cook the egg.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was a very nice wrap, I used a tomato basil wrap and followed the recipe per instructions. The only change I made was my mayo was past the expiration date, so I just made it without it and it came out just fine, loved the avocado and sprouts.
- 1 egg (hardboiled and peeled)
- 1⁄4 avocado (small)
- 1⁄4 red capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise (97% fat-free)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon dill (fresh chopped or parsley)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 sheet lavash bread (wholemeal)
- 1 iceberg lettuce leaf (large)
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the egg and avocado in a small bowl and mash until well combined and then add the capsicum, mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill (or parsley) and season with pepper and mix until well combined.
- Top the lavash bread with the lettuce leaf, then with the egg mixture and then sprinkle with the alfalfa sprouts over the egg mix and roll the bread to enclose the filling and then cut in half and wrap in plastic wrap.
- NOTE - you could take the components separately and make up the wrap at work - put the egg mix in an airtight container and pack the lettuce and alfalfa sprouts in a plastic bag and wrap the bread in foil.