Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living and their lunch box special. The cooking time is to cook the egg.
- 1 egg (hardboiled and peeled)
- 1⁄4 avocado (small)
- 1⁄4 red capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise (97% fat-free)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon dill (fresh chopped or parsley)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 sheet lavash bread (wholemeal)
- 1 iceberg lettuce leaf (large)
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- Put the egg and avocado in a small bowl and mash until well combined and then add the capsicum, mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill (or parsley) and season with pepper and mix until well combined.
- Top the lavash bread with the lettuce leaf, then with the egg mixture and then sprinkle with the alfalfa sprouts over the egg mix and roll the bread to enclose the filling and then cut in half and wrap in plastic wrap.
- NOTE - you could take the components separately and make up the wrap at work - put the egg mix in an airtight container and pack the lettuce and alfalfa sprouts in a plastic bag and wrap the bread in foil.
This was a very nice wrap, I used a tomato basil wrap and followed the recipe per instructions. The only change I made was my mayo was past the expiration date, so I just made it without it and it came out just fine, loved the avocado and sprouts.
Agreeable wrap that brings a cool freshness to those 90 days! I did make two very inconsequential changes in that I used roasted baby lettuce from DH's first garden as a replacement for iceberg lettuce and roasted red pepper for raw pepper as I had some roasted red peppers in the refrigerator. We thought the dill was a nice touch (may have used more than a tablespoon as I eyeballed it LOL) and would like to try again with some radish sprouts. Thanks for the post.