1/3 Photos of Egg and Ham Pinwheels
Jen T's Note:
These are my husbands favourite pinwheels. They are based on his love of ham & egg sandwiches :) These can also be eaten as a wrap for lunch. I haven't included chilling time in prep or cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tortillas (I use whatever is available, tomato, spinach or plain)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (or salad dressing or heavy cream)
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 125 g cream cheese (I like to use a garlic & herb one or sometimes I use a flavoured hummus, chargrilled capsicum or a t)
- 200 g ham (shaved or very thinly sliced from the deli)
- 1Place the eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to boil then simmer for about 5-6 minutes to hard boil them.
- 2Remove from heat and run under cold water, then crack & remove shells. I do this under the running cold water. (starting at the pointed end should make it easier).
- 3Place shelled eggs into a bowl and add the butter, parsley if using, salt & pepper and mayonnaise or whatever you choose to moisten the mixture with and mash with a fork (I find using a pastry blender makes this an easy job) until a spreading consistency is reached. Sometimes you may need a little more mayonnaise or cream. Don't make into a smooth paste though.
- 4Spread the tortillas with a layer of cream cheese.
- 5Spread over this a layer of mashed egg.
- 6Lay on top of this the shaved ham.
- 7Roll up the tortillas tightly like a sponge roll and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 8Place in fridge for at least 2 hours or can be left overnight.
- 9Remove plastic and place the roll seam side down on the cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut off a piece each end of the rolls to neaten, then slice into approx 1-inch slices.
- 10Arrange on platter and serve. I like to place one layer on plate then arrange another layer on top, slightly in from the edge of the bottom ones. Continue up with another layer until all are used.
- 11Top with a sprig of parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg and Ham Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (779 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 232.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g