Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For safe keeping - from The Galley K.I.S.S. Cookbook by Corinne C. Kanter. Season salt is nice instead of regular salt for a variation. I like egg salad on toasted bread. Cook time is chilling time.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, to taste, add as needed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 slices bread, your choice, I like pumpernickel
- In a medium bowl, mash everything but the bread.
- Add enough mayonnaise to make it spreadable.
- Chill egg mixture before making sandwiches.
Egg-cellent Egg Salad! It was nice to find a recipe using green pepper rather than celery. I doubled the recipe,used red onion, miracle whip instead of mayo ( Used an extra T. but it could have even used more), used seasoning salt as suggested intead of salt. Thank you Oolala for a wonderful lunch!
This was so good! I just loved it. I used both rye bread and whole wheat bread for the sandwiches. Very good!