1/1 Photo of Egg and Green Chile Enchiladas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 small jalapeno, minced (remove seeds to taste- the more seeds you leave in, the spicier it will be)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 6 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1/4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2For sauce, place onions, garlic, and jalapeno in a medium saucepan prepared with nonstick cooking spray, and cook until onion is translucent.
- 3Stir in cumin and oregano before adding the chopped tomatoes.
- 4Allow sauce to simmer and thicken, about 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, for filling, prepare a medium saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- 6Saute onion until translucent.
- 7Add chilies, cumin, chili powder, and chopped eggs and warm through.
- 8Remove from heat and mix in cheese.
- 9Place filling evenly in the center of each tortilla and roll. Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- 10Cover enchiladas with sauce and top with cheese.
- 11Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until enchiladas are warmed through and cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg and Green Chile Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 295.2 mg
- Sodium 525.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 18.5 g