I have the vision of this in my head. I saw a great picture somewhere on the internet. I have scaled this to 1 so you can easily make just the right number.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the very top off the roll. Pull out the soft bread. Use that bread for bread crumbs or another recipe.
- Brush butter inside the roll with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Now search the fridge for goodies. That is things that would be good to add in your bread bowl. Leftovers of all types, veggies, capers, herbs, meats, cheese. Throw some in the bowl.
- Crack your egg on top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and bake 15-20 minutes more, just until the egg is well set.
- If you have guests you can put the goodies out and let everyone fill their own bread bowl.
- If you want beat the egg and add a little milk or cream before you pout it on top.