Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This Colombian soup is often eaten for breakfast but try it at any time of day.
- 16 ounces water
- 16 ounces milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 -6 teaspoons coriander, freshly chopped (cilantro)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices toasted bread, cut into cubes
- Place the water and milk in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Crack the eggs individually onto a plate and carefully slide each one separately into the boiling soup without breaking the yolk.
- Cover and continue to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Divide the spring onions and coriander between 4 serving bowls, then carefully place one egg from the soup into each bowl and ladle the soup into the bowls and float some cubed bread on the top.
This really is a great breakfast (it's aggs, mil and toast, right afterall), but I'd make it any other time of day as well. I made this as written, using skim milk. Loved the fresh cilantro and green onions. I'll make this again; thanx!