Recipe by Charlotte J
This Colombian soup is often eaten for breakfast but try it at any time of day.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This really is a great breakfast (it's aggs, mil and toast, right afterall), but I'd make it any other time of day as well. I made this as written, using skim milk. Loved the fresh cilantro and green onions. I'll make this again; thanx!
- 16 ounces water
- 16 ounces milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 -6 teaspoons coriander, freshly chopped (cilantro)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices toasted bread, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water and milk in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Crack the eggs individually onto a plate and carefully slide each one separately into the boiling soup without breaking the yolk.
- Cover and continue to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Divide the spring onions and coriander between 4 serving bowls, then carefully place one egg from the soup into each bowl and ladle the soup into the bowls and float some cubed bread on the top.