Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Egg and Chorizo Bake
- 112 g chorizo sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 g tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 eggs
- 25 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Cook the chorizo in a dry nonstick pan until the fat starts to run out. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until it's soft and starting to brown.
- Add the peppers and garlic and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and paprika and cook until pulpy and reduced - this should take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo, spoon into four individual ramekins and make a hollow on the surface for the egg. You can also make this in a large baking dish and make four hollows on the surface.
- Break an egg into each hollow. Dot with butter and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the whites are cooked and the yolks are still soft.