Recipe by mollypaul
This is one of those homely, comforting kind of things that's so simple to make. From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by lauralie41
Wonderful scrambled eggs! I have been putting ketchup on my scrambled eggs forever. I used shredded mild cheddar in the eggs and skim milk. The 3 eggs would be good if this was a side dish but as a meal I would probably double the eggs for 4 people. Molly thank you for posting this recipe, I will make it again! Made and reviewed for April's TOTM Easter Egg Tag Game.
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices toast
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper and milk.
- Melt butter in a skillet, pour in egg mixture and cook over low heat stirring constantly.
- Spread toast with ketchup, heap with scrambled eggs and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in broiler to brown and melt cheese.
- Serve at once.