Recipe by JanuaryBride
Contest Winning Recipe from Taste of Home and placed here for safe keeping.
Top Review by ZoomZoom Diva
Definitely a keeper recipe. Made it for a work breakfast potluck and everyone enjoyed it.<br/>However, I think it could use some more spices to be even better. Next time I make it, I will likely add some ground pepper, a clove of garlic, and perhaps some other herbs.
- 3 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a thermometer placed in the center reads 160° and the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with additional 1/2 cup of cheese if desired.