Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A breakfast burrito. Using fresh homemade salsa is recommended.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- fresh salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Add beans to a saucepan over medium heat to warm; stir occasionally.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- When the butter foams, add egg mixture all at once; let set for 20 seconds.
- Cook, stirring until eggs are light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Assemble burrito: lay a tortilla on a plate; spoon some beans, eggs, cheese, a few green onions, 2 tablespoons salsa, and a dollop of sour cream in the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up, folding in the ends; repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with remaining beans and salsa on the side.