Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for something a little different for lunch box snacks and came across this recipe in a magazine a few years ago. They can be served hot or cold and keep for up to 3 days in the fridge. DD loves to take these to school or as a snack to microwave at dancing. Sometime's I pop a cherry tomato in, or chopped spring onions or cheese on top which is also nice. The options are endless!!! Another idea a friend had, was to use minature muffin pans and she made these for appetiser's at her party !!!
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 30 g melted butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 slices rindless bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Brush each piece if bread with butter and press into greased deep patty pans. (Sometimes I roll the bread a little to make it a little bigger to fit pans).
- Break an egg into each bread case and top with an even amount of chopped bacon. Sprinkle with a little parsley.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180c) for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 das. Serve warm or cold.
Definitely delicious! Love everything that comes in bundles-ramekins, packets, muffin tins, not just grandbabies.:) I appreciate working with a versatile recipe that also frees me up so I can go do something else! I spread the butter on the outer side of the bread and forgot to grease the pan so am lucky I did it that way. I did roll out the bread, used Swiss cheese, fresh tarragon, and some paprika. Baked ours for 30 minutes at 325 degrees farenheit and moved it to top shelf in oven after first 17 minutes, and then broiled for another 3 minutes. I waited a few minutes before unmolding it. Thank you Tisme for posting. Made for Edition 8-Make My Recipe.
I really liked this, but DH didn't care for the "runny" eggs. I think is is a definite repeat for me - maybe I'll make them again for a brunch I will be heading to on Friday. Thanks for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
So simple, with only a few easy ingredients needed! This is great! I also like that it would be easy to add different toppings for different people, as other reviewers have indicated. Thanks for sharing!