Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great recipe for an easy breakfast or dinner. My kids especially like it.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 6 slices bacon, cooked,drained and crumbled
- 4 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- salsa (accompaniment)
- Heat oven to 425.
- Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place 4 tortillas on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese, then all the corn and bacon.
- Cover with eggs; top with scallions, the remaining cheese and tortillas.
- Lightly coat tortillas with nonstick spray.
- Bake 6 minutes; then turn over and bake 6 minutes more until lightly browned and crisp.
- Cut in wedges; serve with salsa.
Mmmmmmm! I planned to make these for breakfast, but when I couldn't think of what to make for dinner, I decided to make them then instead. What a great, simple but delicious idea! I use my panini grill to make quesadillas and these were a big hit. I don't even need any oil - just put the filled quesadilla on the grill and a few minutes later, dinner (or breakfast) is ready. I especially like that this recipe uses hard boiled eggs instead of scrambled. I can have everything ready then they go together in a snap. Try these and you will be a fan like I am!