Recipe by Jewelies
Another delicious find! :) The ingredient list wouldn't allow me to enter small pre-made pizza bases so I will write it here. You will need 4 for this recipe. Tomato passata is sieved tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 ml tomato passata
- salt and pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 slices pancetta (thick slices) or 12 slices bacon (thick slices)
- 4 eggs
- rocket, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine tomato paste and passata, season with salt and pepper, then spread over the pizza bases.
- Coat tomatoes in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Lay the pancetta and tomato on top, leaving a space in the middle for the egg, bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick fry pan.
- When hot, crack in 4 eggs.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 3 minutes until the white is just cooked and yolk is still runny.
- Trim the whites using an egg ring and, using a fish slice, gently transfer to the top of each pizza.
- Return pizzas to oven for 4 minutes or until tomato is squidgy, pancetta is crisp and eggs are just set.
- Season and serve topped with rocket.