Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great to have anytime. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 tablespoon corn flake crumbs
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, extra,lightly beaten
- Cut rind and fat from bacon and broil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Drain and cut each rasher into 3 pieces.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over base and sides of a greased pie dish.
- Place half of the cheese, bacon and chives evenly in the dish.
- Break the eggs one at a time and pour, unbeaten, into the dish (on top of the bacon and cheese).
- Space them around the dish evenly.
- Top with remaining bacon,, chives and cheese.
- Place pastry sheet carefully on top of pie and trim edges.
- Scallop the edges by pressing with an upturned teaspoon.
- Brush pastry with the extra beaten egg.
- Bake in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for about 35 minutes.
This is excellent!! simple to make, easy, and absolutely deliciouis--the chives are wonderful in this dish..Chris asked for seconds-that says it all!! An absolute keeper--such a great breakfast--thank you so much!! TERESA