Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
bit of a flash bacon and egg pie
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry or 2 sheets flaky pastry dough
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 extra beaten egg
- grill bacon and drain on a paper towel. cut each rasher in to 3.
- press 1 sheet of pastry into base of oiled 23cm dish.
- place 1/2 the cheese, bacon and chives in dish.
- add all the eggs - unbeaten.
- top with remaining bacon, chives and cheese.
- put the other pastry sheet on top. trim and press edges.
- brush pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with seseme seeds.
- bake at 180 about 35mins till golden.