Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Breakfast is our favorite meal so on the week-ends I try to do something a little special. This is one we especially like.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (Try Move Over Butter to cut a few calories)
- 4 cups unseasoned croutons (not fresh,dried)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8oz)
- 2 cups milk (I use Skim Plus)
- 8 eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place butter in a 11x7x11/2" baking dish.
- Melt butter in the microwave until melted, tilting to coat dish.
- Pour croutons over melted butter; sprinkle cheese over croutons,and set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs, and mustard; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese, and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 325F for 40-50 minutes or until set.
- Let casserole stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
This was very good - the croutons in the recipe really made it quite different from other egg casseroles. I needed a recipe that didn't have to be refrigerated overnight since I was taking it to work and didn't want to get up early to bake it. This worked great and was very tasty to boot. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This was super good and super easy to make. With A kindergartner and a preschooler and a 3 week old, I don't have tons of time to be in the kitchen anymore :o(...so this was wonderful. I couldn't find unseasoned croutons at my safeway but I used regular seasoned ones and they worked fine. Great recipe.
My children gave this 2 thumbs up (that's great since they are 2 of the fussiest eaters on the face of the planet!) Very simple, taste great...I undercooked my bacon though, so it would not burn while in the oven...Turned out great, thanks a bunch!