Recipe by Anna P.
This golden rolled loaf, layered with eggs, bacon and cheese, is a star all by itself or paired with salad or soup. Enjoy.
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1⁄4 cup grainy mustard or 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded extra-old cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes; drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- Chop or crumble into small pieces.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, pepper, hot pepper sauce and salt.
- On floured surface, roll out dough to 14x12-inch rectangle.
- Brush with mustard mixture, leaving 1/2-inch border; sprinkle bacon, hard cooked egg and 1 cup of the cheese over mustard.
- Starting at long side, roll up jelly roll-style; pinch seam to seal.
- Place, seam side down, in greased 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise until doubled in bulk, 30 minutes.
- Brush loaf with egg.
- With serrated knife, cut slashes in top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in centre of 375F oven until golden and loaf pulls away from sides of pan, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto serving plate; let cool for 20 minutes to set cheese.