Chef #928625's Note:
A salad made of hard boiled eggs and avocado ,one of my favorite flavor combinations.The richness of the avocado and the egg yolks call for nothing more than a drizzle of olive oil,a dash of vinegar,and some fresh pepper.A perfect example of good ingredients that don't need to be fussed with to bring out their best.This serves 4 as a light lunch or 8 as an appetizer.I found this recipe on Guiadetacos.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the eggs in a medium pot,cover with cold water.Bring the water to a hard boil.When the water boils,cover the pot and remove from heat.Let the eggs sit,covered,for 12 minutes.
- 2Rinse the eggs under cold water and peel.Cut the eggs into quarters.
- 3Cut each acocado in quarters; place a boiled egg quarter into the hole left by the pit in each avocado slice.
- 4Place a lettuce leaf on each plate,and top with a peice of avocado and egg.You may wish to give a whole half to each person and serve as a light main course.
- 5Whisk together oil and vinegar and pour over avocados;sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 6Another option is to simple chop the eggs and avocado,dress in oil and vinegar,and serve over the lettuce in a serving bowl.It looks a little less elegant,but it is much easier and the flavors meld better.The Choice is yours.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg and Avocado Salad (Ensalada De Huevo Con Aguacate)
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.5
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar