Recipe by strangelittlebeast
A salad made of hard boiled eggs and avocado ,one of my favorite flavor combinations.The richness of the avocado and the egg yolks call for nothing more than a drizzle of olive oil,a dash of vinegar,and some fresh pepper.A perfect example of good ingredients that don't need to be fussed with to bring out their best.This serves 4 as a light lunch or 8 as an appetizer.I found this recipe on Guiadetacos.com.
- 4 eggs
- 4 small avocados
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the eggs in a medium pot,cover with cold water.Bring the water to a hard boil.When the water boils,cover the pot and remove from heat.Let the eggs sit,covered,for 12 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water and peel.Cut the eggs into quarters.
- Cut each acocado in quarters; place a boiled egg quarter into the hole left by the pit in each avocado slice.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each plate,and top with a peice of avocado and egg.You may wish to give a whole half to each person and serve as a light main course.
- Whisk together oil and vinegar and pour over avocados;sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Another option is to simple chop the eggs and avocado,dress in oil and vinegar,and serve over the lettuce in a serving bowl.It looks a little less elegant,but it is much easier and the flavors meld better.The Choice is yours.