Recipe by Oolala
From Chai Lights Cookbook. It sounds like a nice brunch dish. This dish can be made ahead. See note at bottom of the recipe.
Top Review by karen
This recipe made a great egg casserole. I had 1/2 a jar of artichokes left over from a recipe I didn't like, and went searching for some way to use them up. This one was perfect, and made a great brunch for me today. I think it is easy enough for everyday, but would also be great for a holiday brunch. I cut it down to 1 serving and used: 3 eggs, 1/2 tsp garlic from a jar, 2 tbsp green onions, 1/4 jar artichokes packed in water (chopped) and 3/4 cup cheddar. I sauted the onion/garlic in about a tsp of EVOO, and then mixed everything together except for bread crumbs. I used some homemade bread crumbs, and just sprinkled the on top. The cooking time was perfect, and it was really wonderful after about 5 minutes to cool.
- 2 1⁄2 bunches green onions, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, diced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces marinated artichokes, reserve marinate, cut in thirds
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 24 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (or can use Cheddar)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (or can use cracker crumbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green onion and garlic in the oil marinade from the artickoke jar.
- Combine all ingredients in greased, large casserole (11 X 7 X 1 inch).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cut into squares, hence the name of the dish!
- Can serve hot or cold.
- Note-can prepare ahead and refrigerate or freeze. Thaw and heat for 15 to 20 minutes.