Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetarian Dinners, this recipe has been slightly tweaked!
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 12 slices French bread, baguette-style
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup tart apple, shredded
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir together oil & garlic, then using a pastry brush, brush one side of each bread slice with the oil mixture.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet & bake about 10 minutes or until tops of bread slices are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss together eggs, apple, walnuts & salad dressing.
- Top each toasted bread slice with some of the egg mixture, then serve immediately.
Wow - fantastic! An unusual combination of ingredients that work so well together. I used half the amount of dressing mixed with a little light mayo as I don't like a strong blue cheese flavor. Topped with some fresh chopped parsley and loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
What a delicious appetizer, light lunch, or side dish! I made half the recipe and served it with a mug of homemade potato soup for lunch. I used bottled Renee blue cheese salad dressing. The toasted bread would be good with all kinds of toppings too such as fresh chopped tomatoes, chopped onion and cheese. Made for Please Review My Recipe game. Another keeper for my favorite recipezaar recipes binder.
Scaled back for two, we each enjoyed 2 slices of this with a pasta dish. I didn't have the salad dressing listed so used what I had on hand: Italian salad dressing. Walnuts and apple are always such a winning combination and all the ingredients blended superbly. A delicious recipe for a leisurely lunch or a quick and easy light evening meal. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Sydney. Made for PRMR.