Recipe by Sydney Mike
From Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetarian Dinners, this recipe has been slightly tweaked!
Top Review by loof
Wow - fantastic! An unusual combination of ingredients that work so well together. I used half the amount of dressing mixed with a little light mayo as I don't like a strong blue cheese flavor. Topped with some fresh chopped parsley and loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 12 slices French bread, baguette-style
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup tart apple, shredded
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir together oil & garlic, then using a pastry brush, brush one side of each bread slice with the oil mixture.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet & bake about 10 minutes or until tops of bread slices are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss together eggs, apple, walnuts & salad dressing.
- Top each toasted bread slice with some of the egg mixture, then serve immediately.