Recipe by JanuaryBride
Efo is the Nigerian word for Spinach I believe. The recipe comes from The Food Network. Feel free to substitute vegetable bouillon cubes to make this vegetarian/vegan.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain (but don't dry) spinach leaves, removing any thick stems. Slice onions, tomatoes and red peppers into strips.
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onions and peppers and cook until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and cook. Crumble bouillon cubes into pan and add spinach with whatever water clings to the leaves.
- Cook until spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and white pepper, to taste.