Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Different, tasty, tender - a recipe that has been passed on throughout the family over the years to rave reviews. Try both variations!
- Place roast, fat side up, in open pan.
- Heat remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Spread sauce on roast, reserving extra sauce.
- Cook roast, uncovered, in 275 degree oven, 40 minutes per pound for rare, 50 minutes per pound for medium.
- Serve with heated reserved sauce.
- Pepper Roast Variation: 2 teaspoons crushed peppercorns, 1/2 tsp each ground cloves and dried oregano, 2 TBS Dijon mustard, 1 TBS lemon juice. Spread all on roast and cook as above.
WOW!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe...I was doubtful about this coming out tender (wasn't enthused about the cut of beef I had been given). Did the cranberry version in my toaster oven using my digital thermometer to sound off at 135 degrees. Wrapped it in foil until it reached 140 degrees... THE MOST TENDER eye of round I have EVER had. Can't wait to try the herbed/mustard version.
I could not find a jellied sauce without HFC, but I substituted low-sugar plum jam with and a 1/2 cup of merlot wine. It was delicious!
i cooked it covered..it was getting dry.......i had my mother over for dinner and she liked it as well. mmm mmm good