Recipe by fluffystew
Different, tasty, tender - a recipe that has been passed on throughout the family over the years to rave reviews. Try both variations!
Top Review by debby-o
WOW!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe...I was doubtful about this coming out tender (wasn't enthused about the cut of beef I had been given). Did the cranberry version in my toaster oven using my digital thermometer to sound off at 135 degrees. Wrapped it in foil until it reached 140 degrees... THE MOST TENDER eye of round I have EVER had. Can't wait to try the herbed/mustard version.
- 4 lbs beef roast (eye of the round)
- 1 (14 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce (398 mls, or any type or size)
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast, fat side up, in open pan.
- Heat remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Spread sauce on roast, reserving extra sauce.
- Cook roast, uncovered, in 275 degree oven, 40 minutes per pound for rare, 50 minutes per pound for medium.
- Serve with heated reserved sauce.
- Pepper Roast Variation: 2 teaspoons crushed peppercorns, 1/2 tsp each ground cloves and dried oregano, 2 TBS Dijon mustard, 1 TBS lemon juice. Spread all on roast and cook as above.