4 hrs 20 mins
If going with a smaller 4 lb. roast, use 1/2 dry soup mix and 1/4 c jam. If using a larger 6 lb. roast use whole envelope and 1/3 c jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crock pot directions:.
- 2Pour half can soda in bottom of crock pot. Add roast, fat side down. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Slather half the jam on roast. Turn fat side up, season and slather with remaining jam. Sprinkle soup mix over top. Strip rosemary leaves from stems or toss in the stems (you'll have to fish them out later).
- 3Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- 4Add carrots and potatoes for the last 2 hours on high or last 4 hours on low if you don't like them mushy. Turn the roast over when you add the veggies.
- 5Either make gravy from liquid in pot, or simply spoon juices over beef slices. There was a nice amount in my pot.
- 7Oven roasting directions:.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Place aluminum foil in a 6-quart roaster pan. Pour 1/2 can (6 oz.) cola in pan.
- 10Place roast in pan fat side down. Season with salt and pepper and spread with jam, turn and repeat so both sides are done. Roast fat side up. Add onion soup mix over all. Drizzle remaining cola over roast. Place rosemary springs on top.
- 11Cover lightly with foil and bake at 350° F 4-5 hours. Add veggies in the last 2 hours.
- 12Either make gravy from juices, or simply spoon juices over beef slices.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Effortless Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1383.4
- Calories from Fat 807
- Total Fat 89.7 g
- Saturated Fat 36.0 g
- Cholesterol 313.6 mg
- Sodium 1447.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 87.1 g