Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
If going with a smaller 4 lb. roast, use 1/2 dry soup mix and 1/4 c jam. If using a larger 6 lb. roast use whole envelope and 1/3 c jam.
- 12 ounces cherry cola
- 4 -6 lbs beef roast (chuck or bottom round)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup peach jam or 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 large carrots, sliced in 1-inch chunks
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)
- Crock pot directions:.
- Pour half can soda in bottom of crock pot. Add roast, fat side down. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Slather half the jam on roast. Turn fat side up, season and slather with remaining jam. Sprinkle soup mix over top. Strip rosemary leaves from stems or toss in the stems (you'll have to fish them out later).
- Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes for the last 2 hours on high or last 4 hours on low if you don't like them mushy. Turn the roast over when you add the veggies.
- Either make gravy from liquid in pot, or simply spoon juices over beef slices. There was a nice amount in my pot.
- Oven roasting directions:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place aluminum foil in a 6-quart roaster pan. Pour 1/2 can (6 oz.) cola in pan.
- Place roast in pan fat side down. Season with salt and pepper and spread with jam, turn and repeat so both sides are done. Roast fat side up. Add onion soup mix over all. Drizzle remaining cola over roast. Place rosemary springs on top.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake at 350° F 4-5 hours. Add veggies in the last 2 hours.
- Either make gravy from juices, or simply spoon juices over beef slices.