Recipe by Sudika
Quick, tasty vegetarian protein. Delicious and nutritious.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Well, I would not call this Eezi-Peezi as it involved quite a lot of work and more than one pan. However, having said that, the end result is well worth the effort. A very fragrant and flavourful curry. Made as stated changing just one thing, instead of a large tomato I used a can of peeled tomatoes. It freezes well and yes, it will be made again.
Thanks for posting.
Made for LOvE TrAiN 2012.
- 410 g canned whole chickpeas (channa)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 cups water
- 1 large tomatoes, pureed
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast chickpea flour in a heavy frying pan for few minutes, till aromatic and a few shades darker. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Add fennel, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger. Fry for a few seconds till aromatic. Add asafetida, curry powder and chickpea flour. Add water gradually and stir mixture till smooth, breaking up any lumps. Add tomato and chopped pepper. Simmer for few minutes and then lower heat. Add drained and washed chickpeas and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt, serve with rice or roti.