Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe would be good with any game meat, such as rabbit, prairie chicken or pheasant. Allow 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per person. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cut duck into serving portions.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; roll in flour.
- Heat butter in a deep heavy skillet and brown the meat.
- Sprinkle with thyme and add cream.
- Cover tightly and simmer slowly over low heat about 90 minutes until very tender.
- Serve at once.